As part of the international exchanges program that the CEAAC is leading with its partners, artists’ hosting conditions intend to be mutual and equivalent.
During their stay, from one to three months, foreign laureate artists are hosted in Strasbourg and benefit from the following conditions :
– Human and technical support of the artist’s project
– An accommodation (single or double bedroom) within the CEAAC’s international apartment dedicated to residents. Adjoining the Arts Centre in the Rue de l’Abreuvoir, this fully equipped and comfortable flat benefits from a central situation in the city, located in the popular and picturesque Krutenau neighbourhood.
– A studio at the Bastion 14 (40m2/430 square feet) to be shared with another international artist), which are artists’ studios provided by the City of Strasbourg.
This former Vauban military fort, located on the outskirts of the city center, has been reorganised a few years ago in order to host about fifty artists divided in 21 large workplaces.
Depending on the type of the partnership and length of their stay, the laureate international artists benefit from :
– Round-trip airfare
– Residency grants (allowance for living and production)
– An exhibition at the CEAAC International Space
– Open studios
– A publication (edited by the CEAAC)